Urvashi Singh is an Indian female professional boxer who has won many titles. She started boxing in her college and won more than 50 medals in several national competitions and later, chose to become a professional boxer.
Urvashi Singh was born on Tuesday, 4 April 1995 (age 27 years; as of 2022) in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. Her zodiac sign is Aries. After her birth, her family shifted to Delhi; however, she completed her studies in Uttar Pradesh. In 2012, she enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts course at Noida College of Physical Education in Noida. She started boxing training in her college and later, enrolled in Roshan Boxing Academy and started training to make a career in boxing.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Niranjan Singh and her mother’s name is Chandravati. She has a brother Brahm Singh, and 3 sisters named Reenu, Meenu, and Anjali.
Husband & Children
She is unmarried.
She is single.
She follows Hinduism.
She belongs to the Jatav caste.
She won the gold medal in the 2012 Youth Women Championship held in Guwahati, Assam. She won the gold medal three years in a row, from 2013 to 2015, in the Inter College Boxing Championship held in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh. She won the gold medal in 2013 All India University Championship held in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh. She won the bronze medal in the 2015 Senior National Championship held in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
She fought her first professional fight on 2 June 2018 in the Philippines. She usually fights in the Bantamweight category (118 pounds or 53.5 kg) and the Super Bantamweight category (122 pounds or 55.3 kg). On 14 March 2022, she became the first Middle East Asia Female World Title Champion. On 27 November 2022, she became the first WBC International Super Bantamweight Title Champion and the first WBC Asia Silver Crown Champion.
- She used to give tuition and do a part-time job to support herself during her initial boxing days.
- She did not inform her parents about her boxing training and informed them after winning the gold in State Championship in Meerut.
- When she started training in the Roshan Boxing Academy, she was the only girl and trained with the boys. At first, she was not allowed to train in the academy; however, after seeing her persistence and dedication, she was allowed to train.
- She holds the first rank in the Bantamweight division in India.
- She plays for the Mumbai Assassins team in the Super Boxing League.
- Her dream is to win a medal in Olympics for India.