Tinaa Ghaai is an Indian actor, playback singer, and philanthropist. She predominantly works in the Bollywood film industry. Tinaa is known for her work as an actor in films like ‘Shiva Shakti’ (1988) and ‘Veerana’ (1988). As a singer, she has sung many songs such as ‘Dole Dole’ (2002) and Boliyan (2002).
Tinaa Ghaai was born in Punjab, India. She grew up in different parts of India (including Kolkata) and Canada.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Dark Ash Blonde
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents and siblings.
Husband & Children
Tinaa Ghaai is married and has a daughter named Vidhi.
In 1983, Tinaa Ghaai made her debut in the Punjabi film industry with the film ‘Aaj Di Heer.’
She appeared in many Punjabi language films including ‘Mamla Garbar Hai’ (1983), ‘Ishq Nimana’ (1984), ‘Nimmo’ (1984), and ‘Raajniti’ (1985).
In 1985, Tinaa Ghaai appeared in the Haryanvi language film ‘Chhora Haryane Ka’ as Lachchmi (Shera’s brother).
In 1988, Tinaa made her debut in the Bollywood film industry with the film ‘Bijili Aur Toofan.’ In the same year, she appeared as Julie in the film ‘Shiva Shakti.’ Tinaa Ghaai has appeared in many other films including ‘Veerana’ (1988), ‘Zulm Ko Jala Doonga’ (1988), ‘Som Mangal Shani’ (1988), ‘Purani Haveli’ (1989), and ‘Vidhyaarthi: The Power of Students’ (2006).
In 1987, Tinaa appeared in ‘Aarti’ (TV Movie). In 1993, she appeared in a television series named ‘Makaan’ with co-actor Irrfan Khan. In 1997, she played the role of Hidimbaa in the television series ‘Mahabharat Katha.’ Tinaa has acted in various other television series including ‘Chaal’ (1994), ‘The Zee Horror Show’ (1994), ‘Mitti Ke Rang’ (1999), and ‘Ramayan’ (2002).
Tinaa Ghaai has sung many songs in different languages including Hindi, Gujarati, and Punjabi. She has also appeared in some music videos. Some of the songs sung by her include ‘Boliyan’ (2002), ‘Apna Dupatta’ (Hindi) (2004), and ‘Dole Dole’ (Hindi) (2006).
In 2014, she sang her first song in the Gujarati language – ‘O Re Zaveri.’
Tinaa Ghaai was awarded the 12th Maharashtra Prestigious Ratna Award in 2021.
- Her name is also spelt as Tina Ghai and Tina Ghaai.
- Tinaa Ghaai is an executive member of the Cine and TV Artistes’ Association (CINTAA), an autonomous body providing Artist Cards, which represent the identity of an artist.
- Tinaa has a YouTube channel named ‘Totally Tinaa Ghaai,’ where she uploads videos on personality traits, parenting, and self-love.
- Tinaa Ghaai loves dancing and often shares her dancing videos on social media.
- In 2014, Tinaa released a song titled ‘Dhol Ka Pol’ on YouTube about social and political issues in India.