Simi Talsania is an Indian dancer, model, and social media influencer. She came into the limelight after participating in the Indian dance reality TV show Dance Plus Season 3 (2017). Simi was a part of the House of Suraj dance troupe in the show.
Simi Talsania was born on Thursday, 9 November 2000 (age 21 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She did her schooling at Bombay Cambridge Gurukul (also known as Bombay Cambridge International School), Mumbai, and Dr. S. Radhakrishnan International School, Borivali, Mumbai. Simi attended N.L. College of Commerce, Malad, Mumbai, to pursue her graduation in Psychology. While pursuing her graduation, Simi achieved rank 2 in her college. She developed an interest in dance at the age of 15 after watching Meher Malik’s belly dancing on the show ‘Just Dance.’ Soon, she joined Veronica De Simas’ dance company ‘Veve’ to learn belly dancing. She trained under Veronica for around three years. Talsania then became a part of the dance crew KOHL Belly Dance Movement, which was formed by the core members of the Veve group.
During one of the annual events of the crew, Simi saw Tejasvi Patil, a.k.a. Tee-J whacking on stage, and she instantly became a fan of Patil. Simi desired to learn dance from Tee-J since the day she watched her perform on stage and in 2016, she approached Tejasvi to train her in Waacking. Simi then trained under her for a few months; learning new and unusual techniques that helped her evolve as a dancer. Later, Tejasvi introduced her to Kumari Suraj (known as the Queen of Whacking Nuevo from Los Angeles).
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 50 Kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-28-32
Parents & Siblings
Simi Talsania is the daughter of Sameer Talsania and Bina Talsania. She has an elder sister named Pranali Talsania, who is a real estate broker.
Simi Talsania started her career as a model in 2013 by featuring in the Max Steel advertisement with Virat Kohli.
In 2014, Simi got the opportunity to represent India at the international dance festival Belly Dance China. Subsequently, she participated in the dance reality TV show Dance India Dance Season 5 (2015). Simi made it to the Top 30 on the show, however, couldn’t make it to the Top 15. During that time, Terence Lewis and his company were making Disney India’s first broadway musical ‘Beauty and the Beast.’ They spotted Talsania on Dance India Dance and asked her to audition for the musical. Simi then auditioned for it and got selected. Afterwards, she trained under Terence for around seven to eight months, which exposed her to vast knowledge and experience.
The first show of the musical was launched on 23 October 2015 at The National Sports Club Of India, Worli.
In 2016, she approached Tejasvi Patil aka Tee-J (dancer) to train under her. Simi learned new techniques from Tee-J that helped her win her first competition as a whacker (Whacking is a form of street dance created in the LGBT clubs of Los Angeles during the 1970s disco era) at the Whacker’s Night Vol.1.
Later, she also went on to win Cypher Hours which was organised in Hyderabad.
Soon, she was introduced to Kumari Suraj (a multi-hyphenate artist holding expertise in Whacking) via Tee-J. At that time, Kumari was in search of whackers from India, who could be a part of her already established dance crew House of Suraj for the Indian dance reality TV show Dance+ Season 3 (2017). Tee-J recommended Simi’s name for it, and Simi got selected as a crew member after auditioning for it through a video call. Her team House of Suraj was a part of Team Punit on the show. They reached the Top 8 and were subsequently, eliminated from the show.
In the same year, she participated in the dance competition Waackfest India with Prachi Dadwal. They both reached the finals, however, could not win.
She is a part of the Famous Family, a dance group based in India. In 2022, she appeared as a contestant in the Youth-based reality TV show Roadies: Journey in South Africa. In the show, she paired up with the contestant Sohil Singh Jhuti.
Simi has also endorsed brands like Red Bull on her Instagram account.
- Actress: Kareena Kapoor
- Sport: Football
- Footballer: Matt Acton
- Film(s): The Fault in Our Stars (2014), Titanic (1997)
- Restaurant: The Irish House in Mumbai
- Travel Destination: Los Angeles
- She loves dancing and travelling in her leisure time.
- A nature lover, Simi loves observing animals and plants.
- Simi is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
- She is also referred to as Vishwaa Talsania.
- Talsania has got two tattoos inked on her body- a tattoo on the inside of her right arm and a tattoo on the right side of her torso.
- A Kareena Kapoor fan, Simi Talsania made her first dance performance on the song Dupatta Mera (picturised on Kareena Kapoor) from the Bollywood film ‘Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai’ (2001) when she was just six years old.
- She created a self-titled YouTube channel on 13 May 2015 on which she uploads her dance videos. The channel has around 18.1 K subscribers on it.
- During an interview, Simi shared that her parents had always been supportive of choosing dance as her career. She also shared that her mother was passionate about dance in her (Simi’s mother’s) younger days, however, she never got a chance to learn dance, so, she was living her own dream through Simi. She said that the only thing that her parents were particular about was her studies and always advised her to maintain a balance between her dance career and her studies.
- During an interview, when asked about her success mantra, Simi said,
I believe in hard work and I also believe that nothing comes easy in life so do not forget to put in all your hard work that you have and follow your heart, do whatever you feel is right because that can get the best out of you. Stay true to your heart just believe in yourself do not try to copy somebody or be somebody because that will not do justice to your individuality. So be passionate be hungry.”
- Talsania is very active on Instagram and has a sizable fan base on her account.