Sanjay Pugalia is an Indian Political and Business journalist who could be identified as the former editor-in-chief of CNBC Awaaz in Mumbai. He is the CEO and Editor-in-Chief of AMG Media Networks, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Adani Enterprises.
Sanjay Pugalia grew up in Sahibganj, Bihar (now in Jharkhand).  He holds a graduate degree in Political Science and History.
Hair Colour: Salt & Pepper
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father was a businessman and used to deal in jute, textiles, and food grains. Sanjay Pugalia has two brothers. 
Wife & Children
Sanjay Pugalia is married to Sangeeta. Their son’s name is Naman Pugalia.
In 1982, Pugalia, in opposition to his family, left his house and went to Bombay (now Mumbai) to join “Navbharat Times” at a salary of Rs 2000. Pugalia worked with Navbharat Times for ten years and later moved to Delhi. Sanjay then worked with “Business Standard” for three years. Later, Sanjay Pugalia met an opportunity to enter “Aaj Tak” as Deputy Executive Producer.  Sanjay Pugalia has also worked with Australia’s Nine Network’s Indian JV in 2000-01 as the President and head of strategic planning and film business.  In 2001, Pugalia became the Editor of “Zee News.” While recalling those moments in an interview, Sanjay Pugalia said,
This was an oppportunity to establish live television in the country with events like the Agra summit and Gujarat riots. Working under Subhashji was the most enriching experience. He would interact, give his ideas but never would say do this or that. We had the complete editorial freedom there.When the next challenge came in to launch Star News from Mumbai, I was all set for it. On a personal level, I was itching to get back to Mumbai.” 
In 2016, he was appointed as the President & Editorial Director at “The Quint.” Sanjay, however, quit the company in 2021. In September 2021, Sanjay Pugalia joined Adani Group as the CEO and Editor-in-Chief of AMG Media Networks of Adani Enterprises. On 29 November 2022, Sanjay Pugalia, along with Sudipta Bhattacharya and Senthil Chengalvarayan, was declared as the director on the board of New Delhi Television Ltd’s (NDTV) promoter entity RRPR Holding Private Limited after Radhika Roy and Prannoy Roy resigned as the directors on the company’s board.
- In 2010, he was awarded the Suryadatta National Lifetime Award.
- In 2010, he won Indian News Broadcasting Award for Best Hindi News Show Host.
- Reportedly, as his parents were not in favour of his decision of becoming a journalist, Sanjay decided to leave his house and pursue his career in journalism. 
- Sanjay Pugalia, in an interview, revealed that he was inspired by a student movement in the 80s. He mentioned that he used to read ‘Ravivaar’ a magazine edited by the late S. P. Singh and that magazine had a great impact on him.
the 80s were a period when the media became extra-conscious and vigilant about demovcracy, due to emergency declared by the then prime minister. As as teenager, I was influnenced by the student movement and once happened to catch hold of a weekly called Ravivaar edited by the late SP Singh. That magazine influenced me a lot and I knew from then on that journalism would be my calling in life.” 
- According to Sanjay Pugalia, he hardly takes any leave as he believes in being available for his colleagues and training them. In an interview, he expressed his passion for work and said,
I hardly take any leave and believe in constantly training my colleagues. News is a people intensive job and fortunately I am a people’s person. I believe in delegating and developing the second, third and even for that matter the low level executives, so the process and the system is strong. I believe, either you’re a journalist or you’re not. Or everyone who passes out of a journalism school cannot make it as a good journalist.” 
- In an interview, Sanjay revealed that he did not like having lunch or dinner with powerful personalities. He added that money and brands never attract him. While talking about this in an interview, Sanjay Pugalia said,
I hate Page 3 parties or for that matter having lunch/dinner with the powerful le cr? me de la cr? me is not my trip. Also, money has never been a motivating factor in my life. I’m not really brand conscious.” 
- According to Sanjay Pugalia, he spends his weekends with his wife, Sangeeta. Sanjay added that they would either go out for dinner or catch up on a movie. 
- Sanjay Pugalia enjoys spending time at Sea Lounge in South Mumbai. 
- In an interview, Sanjay mentioned his love for travelling and recommended Las Vegas as a must-visit place in the United States.