Manjima Mohan is an Indian actress who primarily works in the Tamil entertainment industry. In 2022, she worked in the Tamil film FIR: Faizal Ibrahim Raiz in which she played the lead role of Prathana Raman.
Manjima Mohan was born on Monday, 1 March 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Her Zodiac sign is Pisces. She did her schooling at Nirmala Bhavan Higher Secondary School, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. After completing her schooling, Manjima pursued graduation in Science from Stella Maris College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Manjima Mohan belongs to a Telegu-speaking family in Kerala.
Parents & Siblings
Manjima Mohan’s father, Vipin Mohan, is a famous Indian cinematographer. Manjima Mohan’s mother, Kalamandalam Girija, is an Indian dancer. She is the only child of her parents.
On 28 November 2022, Manjima Mohan got married to her longtime boyfriend, Gautham Karthik, an Indian actor. Gautham and Manjima met in 2019 while filming the Tamil film Devrattam. Later, they started dating each other. In an interview with a media house, Gautham Karthik talked about his relationship with Manjula and said,
Manjima Mohan and I were friends for a year. I was the first to express love because I liked his unique personality. He said he would think and answer. After two days he accepted my love. We were in love for 3 years. We decided to get married. Both parents accepted. Marriage is simple. Manjima can act in cinema even after marriage. Manjima is not only a beautiful woman but also strong. I am also interested in acting in web series.”
Manjima Mohan follows Hinduism.
In 1997, Manjima made her acting debut as a child actor in the Malayalam film Kaliyoonjal in which she played the role of Younger Ammu. Subsequently, she has appeared as a child actor in various Malayalam films like Mayilpeelikkavu (1998), Priyam (2000), Madhuranombarakattu (2000), and Sundara Purushan (2001).
In 2015, she made her film debut as an actor with the Malayalam film Oru Vadakkan Selfie.
In 2016, she made her Tamil debut with the film Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada in which she played the lead role of Leela Raman. Subsequently, she has appeared in various Tamil films like Sathriyan (2017), Ippadai Vellum (2017), and FIR (2022).
In 2016, Manjima made her Telugu debut with the film Sahasam Swasaga Sagipo. Subsequently, in 2019, she worked in the film NTR: Kathanayakudu in which she played the role of Nara Bhuvaneshwari.
- In 2001, Manjima Mohan won the Asianet Film Awards as the Best Child Artist for the Malayalam film Priyam (2000).
- In 2001, she won the Kerala State Film Awards as the Best Child Artist for the Malayalam film Madhuranombarakattu (2001).
- In 2001, she won the Kerala State Television Award for Best Child Artist in the film Kabulivaala (2000).
- In 2016, Manjima was nominated for the South Indian International Movie Awards for Best Debut-Female (Malayalam) for the film Oru Vadakkan Selfie (2015).
- In 2017, she won the Filmfare Awards for Best Female Debut-South for the Tamil film Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada (2016).
- In 2017, she won the Edison awards as the Best Debut Actress for the Tamil film Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada (2016).
Food: Chicken Curry
Actor(s): Rajinikanth, Kamal Hassan, Dhanush, Simbu
Actress(es): Nayanthara, Trisha
- At the age of four, Manjima Mohan started working as a child artist in films; however, in 2001, she decided to take a break from working in films owing to her studies. In an interview with a media house, Manjima talked about this and said,
I always wanted to be an actress. There was no other option in my mind,” started our conversation, “when I was a child-artist, it was a great experience. But at some point I got fed up of the lights and decided that I wanted to concentrate on my studies. After some time passed I knew that acting was the only thing I wanted to do in the future.”
- In 2015, Manjima decided to go back into acting. In an interview, Manjima recalled her debut film Oru Vadakkan Selfie and said that initially, she was terrified while shooting for her debut film.
- In an interview with a media house, Manjima Mohan spoke about body shaming and revealed that she used to receive body-shaming comments quite often from social media users. She said,
I don’t know; I’m still confused how this industry is, honestly. Some people are OK with it, some aren’t. It all depends on the character. It has got to do with the directors also. I’m blessed to have worked with directors who were OK with how I look. But some directors are very particular that their heroine should look fit. People have been telling me that losing weight will do wonders to my career and that’s what I’ve been doing. The ideal thing to do is to balance being myself and at the same time, work on myself and lose a little more weight.”
- Reportedly, in 2016, Manjima Mohan was body-shamed by a Kollywood director, following which she decided to walk off from the Tamil film.
- In 2019, Manjima Mohan suffered a severe leg injury, following which the doctors asked her to amputate her legs. In an interview, Manjima talked about this and said that the doctors advised her to undergo immediate surgery to prevent having her leg amputated. She said,
I suffered a severe injury to my leg when I went to close the gate at my house in Chennai. Though we had initially thought it was a small injury (I got my leg treated at a nearby hospital), over a month later, the doctors at Apollo Hospital said that I would have to amputate my leg if I delay my treatment further. I underwent a surgery and was in bed rest for several months.”
- In an interview, Manjima Mohan named Nayanthara as her role model.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet. 
- Manjima Mohan is an animal lover. She has a pet cat named Loki.