Karolina Bielawska is a Polish business student and model who was crowned the winner of the 70th Miss World at the Coca-Cola Music Hall in San Juan, Puerto Rico on 17 March 2022, becoming the second Polish woman in history to own the crown.
Karolina Bielawska was born on Sunday, April 11, 1999 (age 23 years; as of 2022) in Łódź, Poland. Her zodiac sign is Aries. She pursued a bachelor’s degree in management at The Faculty of Management and Production Engineering, Lodz University of Technology, Poland, and she enrolled for her master’s degree in Business Studies at International Faculty of Engineering, Lodz University of Technology, Poland. She received an achievement award for the Best Alumni Faculty of Management and Production Engineering at the Lodz University of Technology in the academic year of 2020-21. She has been a co-author of scientific publications in international journals.
She also does modelling and aspires to be a TV Host and Motivational Speaker.
Height: 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Color: Light Ash Blonde
Eye Color: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-28-32
Parents & Siblings
Agnieszka Zakrzewska-Bielawska, Karolina’s mother, is a professor and dean at the Lodz University of Technology’s Faculty of Management and Production Engineering.
Not much information is available about her father and siblings.
It was reported that she was dating a boy for four years.
She became the winner of Miss Polonia in 2019.
After which she attended the Miss World 2019 contest as a viewer and posted on her Instagram handle that she would be a part of it the following year. In the 70th Miss World contest, she was crowned the winner by the 69th Miss World, Toni-Ann Singh at the Coca-Cola Music Hall in San Juan, Puerto Rico on 17 March 2022. On winning, she said,
When I heard my name I was shocked, I still can’t believe it. I am honoured to wear the Miss World crown and can’t wait to get to work. I will remember this amazing chapter in Puerto Rico for the rest of my life.”
The contest was conducted in two parts, once in December 2021 and then in March 2022 because of the Covid-19 pandemic. A total of 40 semi-finalists were back in Puerto Rico. In the final round, Karolina was asked ‘What is the most important discovery yet to be discovered?’ to which she replied,
Every day we learn something new. We all have unique experiences and all of us can learn something about ourselves. What I’ve discovered is that it costs us so little to enrich the lives of others.
This is the cause we can all afford, and believe me, it’s worth its price. If you would like to discover something new, just try to learn to be rich in more empathy, in compassion, in gratitude, because we can all do what, as I mentioned before.
We can all be great because everyone can serve. And this discovery feels like so simple, but it’s actually [life-willing].”
Karolina is a social worker and loves to do voluntary work. She is a volunteer with a non-profit organisation called ‘Zupa Na Pietrynie’. Her ‘Beauty with a Purpose’ project “Zupa Na Pietrynie” provides help to homeless people in crisis as well as raise awareness. They provide hot meals, food packages, drinks, clothing, masks, law advice, and professional medical support for almost 300 people in need in Lodz every Sunday. She also helped around 400 people without proper ID to receive vaccinations. She also helped in building the first social bathroom for people in the homelessness crisis in Lodz.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- In 2021, she won the award for Best graduate of the Faculty of Management and Production Engineering at the Lodz University of Technology.
- She received a distinction in the VII Polish National Competition for best BA thesis in the field of marketing, trade and consumption, organized by the Polish Marketing Society.
- In 2021, she won the award of supporting scientific excellence under the program ‘Excellence Initiative – Research University.’
- Beverage: Coffee
- Film: The Intouchables (2011)
- Colour: Black
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is fluent in Polish and English languages.
- She often enjoys drinking alcoholic beverages.
- She loves travelling and enjoys swimming, scuba diving, playing tennis, and badminton. In an interview, she revealed that she had travelled to over 32 countries with her mother who is passionate about travelling.
- She hosted the Miss Polonia contest in 2021.
- According to Karolina, her personal motto is ‘Greatness is measured by courage and heart’.