Kaala Bhairava is an Indian singer, music director, and actor who is known for working mainly in Telugu cinema. He is also known for singing the song ‘Oka Praanam’ for the movie ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ in 2017.
Kaala Bhairava Marakathamani was born on 7 August in Hyderabad. His zodiac sign is Leo. He attended the Sherwood Public School, Telangana and went to St. Mary’s College, Yousufguda, Hyderabad for further studies.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 43 Inches, Waist: 32 Inches, Biceps: 15 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Kaala’s father’s name is M. M. Keeravani, who is a famous music composer. His mother’s name is M. M. Srivalli, who is a line producer. He has a younger brother, Sri Simha Koduri, who is an actor.
Kaala is the nephew of director S. S. Rajamouli.
Kaala made his acting debut with the film Yamadonga in 2007 as a child artist.
Kaala made his singing debut with the song Gjijigadu for the Telugu movie Rajanna in 2011. He has sung various Hindi songs including “Sapnon Ki Ek Duniya Hai” from the film Makkhi (2012), Khoya Hain (2015) from the film Baahubali: The Beginning (2015), and “Dosti” from the film RRR (2021).
He has sung many Telugu songs including Dandaalayyaa (2017), Down Down (2018), Rajarshi (2019), Nee Dhairyamey (2020), and Idhem Nyayame (2021).
He sang various Tamil songs that include Vandhaai Ayya (2017), Komuram Beemano (2021), and Natpu (2021).
He has also sung many Kannada songs including Brotheru Brotheru (2018), Shivanandi (2019), Dosti (2021), Komuram Bheemudho (2021), and Dosti (2021).
Kaala made his debut as a music composer with the web series Nanna Koochi (2018). Later, he worked as a music composer in many films including Mathu Vadalara (2019), Colour Photo (2020), Thellavarithe Guruvaram (2021), Gurthunda Seethakalam (2022), and Mukhachitram (2022).
In 2018, he won the Best Male Playback Singer (Telugu) at 7th SIIMA for the song ‘Dandalayya’ from the movie Baahubali 2: The Conclusion.
- Kaala is trained in singing songs in Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, and Telugu languages.
- In 2018, he sang the song ‘Peniviti,’ which gained more than two million views within twenty-four hours since its release. After the song became popular, in a social media post, he wrote,
Overwhelmed with the response #Peniviti is getting. Thank you all for the love. All your praises are major boosters for me. This song is lit MAINLY because of the sheer brilliance of @MusicThaman Brother and the heart touching, emotion-driven lyrics by @ramjowrites Sir.”
- In 2019, the film Mathu Vadalara in which Kaala worked as a composer had no songs except for background music that was composed by Kaala. In an interview, he talked about his experience of working in the film Mathu Vadalara, in which Kaala worked as a composer, and had no songs. He said,
I didn’t think of anything about it. When I actually heard the story, I felt that this film doesn’t need songs. That is why I didn’t have any feelings. No matter how good a song is, it doesn’t suit the story.”
- He recorded two Telugu music singles Jaamu Raathiri Rekindled and Virise Virise in 2019.
- In 2020, Kaala posted a picture on Twitter in which he was seen donating plasma with his father to help the people who were suffering from COVID-19.
- In an interview, Kaala was asked about his father’s contribution to his singing journey to which he replied,
He allowed me to do what I wanted in life. I do not take much of his help and go to him when I get confused. He too does not pamper and praise us. Being such a legend, he has only allowed us to grow and has given his inputs when needed.”
- He is often featured in various newspapers.