Daisy Shah is an Indian actress, model and dancer who predominantly works in Kannada and Bollywood films. She is well known for working in films like Jai Ho, Hate Story 3 and Race 3.
Daisy Shah was born on Saturday, 25 August 1984 (age 37 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She completed her graduation in Arts from Mumbai’s Khalsa College.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Daisy Shah belongs to a Gujrati family.
Parents & Siblings
Daisy’s father was a businessman. He died in 2007 due to a heart attack. Her mother’s name is Pallavi Shah.
She has a sister, Deepali Shah.
Husband & Children
Daisy Shah is not married yet.
Reportedly, it was rumoured that Daisy Shah was dating choreographer Ganesh Acharya. While working together in the dance group, both started developing feelings for each other. It was speculated that Ganesh Acharya also gifted her a car and a luxurious flat. However, he denied any relationship with Daisy and revealed in an interview,
That’s not true. Even my own group would tease me about her when she was with us. But Daisy and I were never in a relationship. I’m happily married.”
It was rumoured that Daisy Shah was secretly dating her Jai Ho co-star, Salman Khan. Salman spotted her first time while she was assisting Ganesh Acharya for ‘Maine Pyaar Kyu Kiya’ in South Africa. According to reports, Salman gifted Daisy a classy car.
When I have to say something about him, I fall short of words. Whoever I am today, wherever I am today is because of him. I owe it to him,”.
Daisy Shah made her acting debut in 2011 with Kannada cinema. She played the role of Ammu in the Kannada version of Bodyguard. Next, she appeared in the film, Bhadra and played the character of Kavya. In 2013, she was cast in the Kannada film, Gajendra. Daisy made her Bollywood debut in 2014 with Jai Ho, starring Salman Khan.
She played the character of a girl next door, Rinky Shah. Next, she was cast in a Kannada horror film, Aakramana, where she played the character of Nireeksha, which was the first Kannada horror movie to be made in 3D format. In 2015, Daisy appeared in her next Bollywood film, Hate Story 3, where she portrayed the character of Kaya Sharma.
In 2018, Daisy played the lead role in the film, Race 3, where she played the role of Sanjana Singh, starring Salman Khan. In 2019, Daisy made her Debut in Gujrati cinema, with the movie Gujarat 11, where she played the character of a sub-inspector Divya Chauhan.
Daisy Shah started her career as a dancer in Ganesh Acharya’s troupe. She performed as a dancer in his group for 3-4 years and later became his assistant choreographer, after the exit of Ganesh Acharya’s assistant choreographer, Shabina Khan.
Daisy appeared in a few songs as a background dancer like, ‘Lagan Lagi’ and ‘O Jaana’ from the film, Tere Naam, ‘Rockstar’ from Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, ‘Thodi Si Pee Lee Hai’ alongside Sanjay Dutt in Department, and ‘Neeli Lombdi’ from Khuda Kasam, starring Sunny Deol.
In 2022, Daisy Shah appeared in a commercial advertisement for Indira Gas.
Daisy Shah featured in a few music videos like ‘Ekk Vari’ starring Taaha Shah, ‘Juda Hojaye’ alongside Asim Riaz, and ‘Kafan’ starring Dheeraj Dhooper.
Accused of an attempt to murder
Daisy Shah was accused of an attempt to murder by a Bhojpuri actor, Satyendra Singh. He filed a case of attempt to murder against Daisy Shah, Ganesh Acharya, Rajneesh Duggal and 18 other crew members of the film, Soda.
Satyendra Singh has alleged Daisy of replacing him in the movie as she wanted to work with a famous star. He met with a road accident on his way back home and according to him it was not just an accident, it was a planned outcome.
Daisy Shah’s photo with Khaled Hosseini’s novel
Daisy Shah shared a picture of her on social media, posing with Khaled Hosseini’s novel ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’. She captioned her post, “Just smile, because it works,”.
The post was heavily criticized by the people because while reading the novel she was seen smiling which was inappropriate since the novel is all about a girl, Mariam, who faced a very tragic childhood and even suffered abuse in her marriage. Later, she removed the post and apologized for the same.
In 2015, she won the Highest Grossing Debut Actress award for Jai Ho at ETC Bollywood Business Awards.
Daisy Shah owns a Mercedes GLC 220 car.
- Food: Sushi, Vada Pav
- Co-Actor: Salman Khan
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Irfaan Khan
- Actress: Madhubala, Sridevi
- Singer: Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus
- Holiday Destination: Maldives
- Designer: Sabyasachi
- Film: Maine Pyaar Kiya, King Uncle
- Book: The Secret
- Director: Vishal Bhardwaj
- Daisy Shah is a true animal lover. She has two pet dogs, Theo and Miko.
- Daisy is a fitness enthusiast. She loves to work out at the gym and also enjoys doing Yoga.
- Daisy, in her 10th standard, won the title of ‘Miss Photogenic’ in the Miss Dombivali contest at a local mall in Mumbai.
- Daisy Shah was an assistant dancer in the first part of the Race series.
- Daisy Shah has a self-titled YouTube channel, where she posts about her workout regime, travel vlogs, dance shorts, and new cooking recipes.
- Daisy Shah has appeared on various magazine covers like Filmfare, Fablook, Vesture, Fitlook and many more.
- Daisy, for her movie Race 3, went through immense training in kickboxing. In an interview she said,
The film has action sequences and my training in kickboxing really helped to gain good reflex. I started my training in kickboxing a year ago because I wanted to learn it. Eventually, it helped me to get things right in the film,”.
- Daisy is fondly called by the name, Dizzy, by her friends and family.
- Daisy, along with other actresses, is an eminent part of a concert tour named Da-Bangg Tour, led by Salman.
- Daisy always dreamt of becoming an air hostess in her childhood days.
- Daisy was offered to play the role of Kareena Kapoor‘s best friend in ‘Bodyguard’, but the role did not excite her. Reportedly, Salman Khan got angry and irritated with her decision of saying no to the film. In an interview, she said,
I was not convinced with the part that I was offered to play. I was shooting for a south film and dates were also a problem. I couldn’t put that project on hold, I had to concentrate on one thing, I chose to do south film,” she said.
- Daisy has walked down the ramp for a few designers like Amit GT at Lakme Fashion week 2017 and Kanchan More at Lakme Fashion Week 2019.
- Daisy has a huge fan following on social media. She has 3.9M followers on Instagram, 5.4M on Facebook and 557.4K on Twitter.
- Daisy has a total of two tattoos, one on her arm and the other inked on her lower back. The one on her arm is in the Sanskrit language and is dedicated to her parents which signifies, ‘My Mother and Father are my Gods’.
- Mumbai police posted a tweet to promote cyber safety inspired by the Race 3 actress, Daisy Shah’s viral dialogue, ‘ Our business is our business, none of your business ‘.
Mind your own data to make sure that no one else takes advantage of it to beat you in the #RaceOfSafety pic.twitter.com/WJ4ADZEl1a
— Mumbai Police (@MumbaiPolice) May 23, 2018