BVK Vagdevi is an Indian singer. She became popular after winning the singing show ‘Telugu Indian Idol’ in 2022.
BVK Vagdevi was born on Wednesday, 3 July 2002 (age 20 years; as of 2022) in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh. She studied architecture at the Sri Sri University in Cuttack, Odisha. She holds a diploma in classical music. Since childhood, she was interested in music and singing and her family was very supportive of her interest.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
BVK Vagdevi belongs to a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Mrutunjaya and her mother’s name is Aruna. She has an elder sister whose name is BVK Vaishnavi.
She started learning how to sing at a very young age. In 2022, She participated in the Telugu version of the singing television show ‘Indian Idol’ and became the winner. In 2014, she also took part in the seventh season of the singing TV reality show ‘Paduthu Theeyega.’
- Singer: KS Chithra
- Actor: Allu Arjun
- Actress: Samantha
- Music director: Ilaiyaraaja
- She gives all the credit for becoming a singer to her sister BVK Vyshanvie, who took music classes from guru Balarka at home. In an interview, she said,
My sister used to learn music from guru Balarka at home and as a four-year-old, I too used to hum the swaras. This interest convinced my mother to make me learn along with my sister.”
- She and her sister have learned music for more than 10 years. Both the sisters hold a diploma in classical music and are learning Manodharma sangeetam. The musical duo is known as ‘Vaiva sisters’ in Nellore. Vagdevi’s sister Vaishnavi also took part in the Indian Idol. She was among the top 18 contestants but was eliminated after that.
- In an interview, while talking about how she managed singing and studies together, she said that her teachers were very supportive of her singing and loved it. They wanted her to pursue her dream of becoming a singer. When she used to be late for attending a class, her teachers would ask her to sing a song for them and then allow her to enter the class. She shared,
Our teachers support us in the arts, citing structural engineering teacher RK Raja, who begins the semester with Vagdevi and her friend Vinum Kaushal’s songs.”
- She became the winner of the show Telugu Indian Idol on 18 June 2022. During the time when she a part of the show, she was doing her internship at Signs Architects & Interiors. Once, on the show, she decided to make an impression on singer Usha Uthup by performing the song ‘Aila Aila’ but she wasn’t impressed by her. After winning the show, it was announced that once she becomes a professional singer she would sing in Geetha Arts. She shared her views on winning the show and said,
I would like to thank the judges, mentors, and all the people for the immense support and love I received on these 15 weeklong journeys of Telugu Indian Idol. My rigorous effort over the past few months has finally paid off with this accomplishment. Geetha Arts has given me a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that is nothing short of a dream come true for me. I’m thankful to aha for making this opportunity-rich platform for so many participants like me.”
- She received a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 10 Lakhs. She didn’t keep the money and gave it all to her parents. Talking about this incident she shared,
I gave the responsibility of the prize money (Rs. 10 lakhs and an additional Rs. 5 lakhs by sponsors) to my parents. I’ve just requested Rs. 1 lakh for myself and I only got fifty thousand (laughs). But nothing can beat the mazaa and sukoon of spending my sister’s money. Jokes apart, my family knows what is best for me and my job is to focus on music.”
- In 2018, she has crowned Ms Fresher in College.
- BVK Vegadevi likes sketching and drawing and she posts photos of her paintings on social media often.
- She and her sister often give duet performances at several functions.