Ashwin Kaushal is an Indian actor known for his roles in TV commercials, TV shows such ‘Goldie Ahuja Matric Pass,’ and Hindi films including PK, Ghulam, and Sardari .
Ashwin Kaushal was born on 22 February in Mumbai. Ashwin did his schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School (Mumbai) and then pursued Bachelor of Arts at Mithibhai College (Mumbai).
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 90 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father, Kaushal Bharati, was a director and writer. He wrote subjects and dialogues for films including Dil Diya Dard Liya, Phool Khile Hain Gulshan Gulshan, and Hare Rama Hare Krishna. His father passed away on 16th January 2022 after he suffered heart failure at the age of 87. He has a sister, Tanushree Kaushal, who is an actress.
Wife & Children
Ashwin Kaushal is married and has a daughter named Khushi.
Ashwin Kaushal made his first debut in the Bollywood industry in the Hindi film ‘Damini’ (1993) which also starred Rishi Kapoor. He played the role of a rapist named Rakesh.
In the film ‘Kartvaya,’ which was released in 1995, Ashwin appeared as Bhanu Singh. In the same year, he was cast in the film ‘Barsaat’ from where he rose to fame.
He worked in the films Ghulam-e-Mustafa (1997), Chandaal (1998), Safari (1999), and Madam Don (1999). Then after a gap of two years, he did his comeback with Mulaqaat in 2002. Ashwin Kaushal worked in the hindi films films ‘Rocky-The Rebel’ (2016), where he played the role of Vikram Singh. He was also cast in the horror film Aatma in the year 2006. Ashwin was seen playing the roles in the films Don Muthuswami in 2008 as Salim, and Qasam Se Qasam Se in 2012 as DCP Mahadik. His other contributions in Bollywood are in the films ‘Dee Saturday Night,’ ‘Two States,’ and ‘PK’ all in the year 2014.
In the action-thriller film ‘Baaghi 2,’ Ashwin played the role of a a bungalow owner.
In 2015, Ashwin was cast by Disney Channel alongside actor Namit Shah in the TV series “Goldy Ahuja Matric Pass,” where he enacted the role of a father who decides to go to school at the age of 40.
Ashwin Kaushal played the role of Mr. Raj Kapoor in the TV series called ‘Sunflower’ in 2021.
In 2018, Ashwin worked alongside actress Krystle D’Souza in the TV series ‘Belan Wali Bahu.’
He played the role of Raman Oberoi in the TV serial Tashan-e-Ishq in 2016.
Apart from these TV shows, Ashwin has also worked in hindi TV series Chutzpah (2021), The Great Indian Dysfunctional Family (2018), Tu Aashiqui (2017), and Fire and Ice (2015).
Ashwin has made appearances in TV commercials.
Ashwin Kaushal debuted as a director in the film ‘Mr. Chaang.’
In 1991, Ashwin was first cast as an assistant director in the film ‘Damini’ and then “Nachnewale Gaanewale” in the same year.
Ashwin Kaushal wrote dialogues for Ekta Kapoor‘s TV series “Mano ya na Mano” (2006).
- Director: Rajkumar Santoshi
- Actor: Rishi Kapoor
- Actress: Sushmita Sen
- Ashwin Kaushal received Prawaas Excellence Award in 2017
- Ashwin’s name is also spelt as Ashwwin Kaushal Bharti
- It is observed that Ashwin Kaushal has some resemblence with the late actor Rishi Kapoor.
- In an interview, Ashwin Kaushal disclosed that he takes antidepressants.
- Ashwin claims that Rishi Kapoor was his god father. 
- Ashwin adopted a cat named Cinderella.
- During an interview, Ashwin revealed that he was very mischievous in his childhood.
- In 2022, Ashwin collaborated with actor Shekhar Shukla in a free acting workshop conducted by Abhinay Manch Acting Academy, Bhopal.
- In 2017, Ashwin Kaushal attended an event where he promoted ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao.’
- Ashwin’s favourite quote is ‘Success has many fathers, defeat is orphan.’
- In an interview, Ashwin said that after playing the role of a rapist in the film Damini (1993), he started receiving calls to play the role of rapist only. He said, ” I used to get calls and asked to go for rape, and I went on raping. I became a rape specialist.”