Aditya Gadhvi is an Indian playback singer and lyricist who has lent his voice to various songs and albums. Aditya started singing Gujrati folk songs at a very young age. He is well known for performing in folk concerts and Navratri events. Aditya has performed several shows with A.R Rahman as a backing vocalist.
Aditya Gadhvi was born on Sunday, 3 April 1994 (age 28 years; as of 2022). He is a resident of Himmatlal Park in Surendranagar district of Gujrat. His zodiac sign is Aries. Growing up in a Gujrati family, he was very inclined towards his culture and folk music. He completed his schooling at St Kabir School and for college, he went to St Xavier’s College. After a year in St Xavier’s College, he joined KM Music Conservatory (KMMC); which is a higher education institution founded by the A R Rahman Foundation.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 38-30-14
Aditya Gadhvi belongs to a Gujrati family.
Parents & Siblings
Aditya father’s name is Yogesh Gadhvi. He is a folk singer by profession and is the former Chairperson of Gujarat Sangeet Natak Akademi. Aditya mother’s name is Aarti. She also belongs to a family of folk singers. He has a younger sister Jahnvi, who pursued her schooling in St Kabir school and is interested in music. His grandfather’s name is Amaldan, and his grandmother’s name is Pushpa.
Aditya has lent his voice in a few Gujarati movies. In the movie Lekar Hum Deewana Dil, he sang in the background score representing A.R Rahman’s music. He has given his voice to two songs in the movie Kamasutra3D, which were Har Har Mahadeva and Aygiri Nadani, composed by Chennai-based music directors Sachin and Sreejith. Both songs were shortlisted for Oscar nominations in 2014. In one of the interviews, Aditya said-
I am excited. I sung both the songs only two months ago. Only yesterday did the music director inform me about the shortlist. I hope the songs get nominated and win the Oscars, too,”.
Aditya was also offered the role to play a hero in Gujarati movies but he denied it as he was only passionate about singing. He said-
They even offered me the role of a hero in Gujarati movies. But Sufi music is my calling”.
Aditya Gadhvi has expertise in folk and Sufi Journal. He has released several songs and albums under his name. His most recent release is Aavi Rudi Ajwaali Raat with Aishwarya Majmudar as co-singer. He has recorded many hit songs like Pankhi Re Kesariya Baalam, Hansla, Vitthal Vitthal, Tichki, Gajro, Jago Jago, Adchithooku, Sapna Vinani Raat, Dakla, Amba re Amba and many others. Aditya, being a multiskilled artist, has rendered his voice to South Indian cinema and has recorded a very popular song Adchithooku with very famous South Indian music composer D Imaan.
Aditya Gadhvi is well known for performing in live folk concerts and Navratri events.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Aditya won Voice of Xavier’s competition in his college St. Xavier’s.
- Aditya, at an age of just 18 years won Gujarat’s highest T.R.P gainer show Lok Gaayak Gujarat.
- He was awarded Transmedia Special first “Hemu Gadhvi Award” for his achievements in the field of music at a very young age.
- Aditya was awarded the Global Indian Music Academy Awards (GIMA) for Best Traditional Folk Single- Hansla.
- He was awarded at Top Music Awards for Best Folk Song, Haji Kasam.
- Aditya was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation by Times Men Of The Year for his immense contribution in uplifting folk music.
- Aditya won the Best Music award for the title song of the TV Serial Kum Kum Na Pagla Padya at the Transmedia Awards along with co-singer Rachintan Trivedi.
- Aditya was awarded at Tourism Awards 2022 for his YouTube series Dhanya Dhara Gujrat and live programs on tourism.
- Aditya Gadhvi performed Gujarati folk music all over Gujarat after winning the show Lok Gayak Gujarat. Not only in India, but he performed in Hong Kong as well.
- He has performed with A.R Rahman for his live shows as a backing vocalist in Dubai, Vadodara etc.
- Priyanka Chopra attended one of Aditya’s events in Ahmedabad for her movie promotion, The Sky Is Pink, where she performed Dandiya to his songs.
- Gujrat Titans, who made their debut in Indian Premier League 2022, released their theme song Aava De which is sung by Gujarati folk singer Aditya Gadhvi.
- On 26 January, Aditya lent his voice to represent Gujarat’s tableau in the Republic Day Parade which took place in the presence of U.S.A’s President Barack Obama and our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and thousands of other guests.
- Aditya is fondly called by the name Kaviraj by his friends and family members.
- Aditya is often featured in various newspapers.
- Aditya has a self-titled YouTube channel, where he posts his songs; the channel has more than 295k subscribers.
- Aditya is fond of cooking and likes to try new recipes.
- In 2018, Aditya performed at a TEDx event in the Laxmi Vilas Palace of Vadodara.