Aditi Rao Hydari is an Indian actress who predominantly works in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu films. She is well known for her role in Sudhir Mishra’s 2011 crime thriller, Yeh Saali Zindagi, where she played the role of Shanti. Aditi is seen in films like Padmaavat, Delhi 6, Rockstar and many more.
Aditi Rao Hydari was born on Tuesday, 28 October 1986 (age 35 years; as of 2021) in Hyderabad (Now in Telangana). Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She completed her schooling at Rishi Valley School, Madanapalle, Andhra Pradesh. For college, she went to Lady Shri Ram College, University of Delhi.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 54 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Aditi Rao Hydari belongs to an eminent Muslim family. Since both of her parents belonged to royal lineages, Aditi is a part of two royal families. From the paternal side, she belongs to Sir Muhammad Saleh Akbar Hydari and from the maternal side, she belongs to Raja J. Rameshwar Rao, former Raja of the Wanaparthy family.
Parents & Siblings
Aditi father’s name is Ehsaan Hydari. He was a Bohri Muslim. He died in 2013 due to lung cancer.
Her mother’s name is Vidya Rao who is a thumri Dadra singer.
Aditi grandfather’s name is Raja J Rameshwar Rao, who was the Raja of Wanaparthy, a principality of Hyderabad. He started his own publishing house Orient Blackswan where educational books were published. Her grandmother’s name is Shanta Rameshwar Rao who runs a school, Vidyaranya school in Hyderabad.
Husband & Children
In 2007, at the age of 21, Aditi got married to Satyadeep Mishra who was a civil servant and lawyer by profession. Later, he became an actor.
In 2013, they got separated. In an interview, she revealed her marital status and said,
I met him when I was 17 and that was my only serious relationship. It broke my heart when we separated, but only the name of the relationship collapsed as we are friends and are still close.”
Aditi great grandfather’s name was Sir Akbar Hydari, who was the prime minister of the Nizam of Hyderabad.
His wife Amina Hydari, the great grandmother of Aditi, set up the Hydari club for women so that they could play tennis and also established Mahboobia Girls School, the first girls school in Hyderabad.
Kiran Rao, the former wife of actor Aamir Khan is her maternal first cousin.
Reportedly, it was rumoured that Aditi Rao Hydari was dating her Wazir co-actor, Farhan Akhtar. It was also speculated that the reason behind Farhan’s divorce from his ex-wife, Adhuna Bhabani was his relationship with Aditi.
Aditi Rao Hydari is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer. At the age of six, she got her training from acclaimed dancer Leela Samson.
She worked with Samson’s dance group, Spanda where she taught students and performed in stage events in India and abroad.
In an interview, she said-
I was five when I started learning Bharatanatyam. It was my choice to dance, also because I was surrounded by the classical arts. I was lucky that I got a teacher like Leela Samson. Although I was in boarding school and my mother was very insistent that I finish my education, I performed a lot before I became an actor,”
Aditi made her acting debut in 2006 with the Malayalam film Prajapathi opposite Muhammad Kutty Ismail. In 2007, she made her Tamil debut with the Tamil period drama film Sringaram. In 2009, she made her Bollywood debut in a supporting role with Delhi 6.
In 2011, she again appeared in a supporting role for the romantic thriller Yeh Saali Zindagi, opposite Irrfan Khan. Next, she featured in Imtiaz Ali’s romantic drama Rockstar where she played the role of a reporter. In 2012, Aditi was cast in a lead role for the film London, Paris, New York opposite Ali Zafar. In 2013, she appeared in Mahesh Bhatt’s Murder franchise, Murder 3, opposite Randeep Hooda. In the same year, she was seen in the film Boss, starring Akshay Kumar. In 2016, she appeared in the films, Wazir and Fitoor. In 2017, Aditi, for the first time got the chance to collaborate with director Mani Ratnam for her second Tamil film Kaatru Veliyidai. In 2018, she was seen opposite Ranveer Singh in the film Padmaavat directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Aditi made her Tollywood debut in 2018 with Telugu drama film, Sammohanam.
In 2021, Aditi appeared in two Netflix films, The Girl On The Train and Ajeeb Daastaans. Aditi will next be seen in the film Gandhi Talks and a web-series titled Jubilee.
Aditi Rao Hydari appeared in several commercials for different brands like Loreal, Platinum Days Of Love, GRT Jewellers, Cadbury, Ajio, Maaza, Sabyasachi, Nerolac and Asian Paints.
- Aditi Rao Hydari shared her MeToo story, where is suffered harassment in the industry. She lost all her hope to work again and went without work for almost eight months. In an interview she revealed,
I remember when I started, I was extra-naive because I came from a protected background. I didn’t know that the rumours were true, that things like this did happen. And honestly, I have not had such a bad time. I had one incident which actually didn’t harm me very much. But yes, I did lose work because I was given a choice – it’s either this or this. For me, it was a no-brainer. I had to walk away,”
- Aditi Rao Hydari posted a salute selfie on Instagram where she was seen saluting with her left hand. Followers immediately trolled her for being uncivil towards the Indian Army.
- In 2012, Aditi won Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female) for Yeh Saali Zindagi.
- In 2017, she won The Best Actress (Tamil) Award for her performance in Kaatru Veliyidayi at Asiavision Awards.
- In 2017, she won Best Debut Actress (Tamil) at South Indian International Movie Awards for Mani Ratnam’s Kaatru Veliyidayi.
- In 2018, she was awarded The Dadasaheb Phalke excellence award for the Best Leading Lady (Critics Award) for her memorable performance in Bhoomi.
- In 2019, Aditi won two awards, Best Debut Female and Special Jury Award at Zee Cine Awards Telugu for Sammohanam.
- In 2019, She won International Indian Film Academy Award (IIFA) for Best Supporting Actor (Female) for Padmaavat.
Aditi Rao Hydari owns an Audi Q7 SUV.
Aditi Rao Hydari charges 60-70 lakh per film.
- Food: Hyderabadi Kheema, Biryani, Idli Ghee Podi
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan
- Book: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- Colour: White
- Musician: A. R. Rahman
- Destination: Turkey, London
- Movie: Barfi
- Director: Mani Ratnam
- Aditi Rao Hydari walked down the ramp as a showstopper for designer Sailesh Singhania at Lakme Fashion Week 2019.
- Aditi made her singing debut with her film London, Paris, New York and sang two songs, “Thehree si Zindagi” and Voh dekhnay me”.
- Aditi Rao Hydari has sung her first Tamil song “Kaathodu kaathanen” with Dhanush for GV Prakash’s film Jail.
- Aditi Rao Hydari is a keen animal lover and is an active member of PETA.
- Aditi’s parents had a love marriage, but they separated when she was two years old.
- For her film Bhoomi, Aditi attended several workshops to adapt the character of a girl who has a stammering problem.
- Aditi made her debut at the 75th Cannes Film Festival and represented smartphone brand Vivo India.
- Aditi has kept the surname of both of her parents. In an interview, she said,
I wanted to keep both, as my mom has brought me up, but my father is also a part of me. Hydari is a rare name so I kept both Rao and Hydari”.
- Aditi featured as the face of the fifth edition of Vogue Wedding Show 2017.
- She sang the Hindi version of the Ice Age theme song,’ We Are Family’ in the film Ice Age 4: Continental Drift.
- Aditi has a huge fan following on social media with 7.8M followers on Instagram, 2.2M followers on Facebook and 1.2M followers on Twitter.
- Aditi has two pet dogs, Gigi and Zoe.
- Aditi Rao Hydari has featured in several magazine covers like Femina, Verve, Vogue, Bazaar and many others.